Onsite Support Technician
The Service Team here is responsible for the day-to-day end user support for all of our clients. This includes (but is not limited to) support of client hardware, line of business applications, network health, and business continuity. Our main goal is to provide best-in-class customer service to our clients.
As an Onsite Support Technician, you will be assisting in these overall responsibilities of the Service team. Not only will you be the face of Homefield IT by fielding calls and support issues, but you will also be responsible for escalating issues as needed.
About Homefield IT:
- You’ll work with extremely passionate, driven and experienced technical professionals. This means we recognize (and love) brilliance and hard work. · We are totally focused on learning, growing, and mentoring so that everyone can prosper in their careers and add value to Homefield IT, each other, and our clients.
- Relationships are important to us. We provide the highest levels of customer service and strive to always exceed our clients’ expectations. You will too.
- We love collaborating and working together as a team. You can expect company sponsored events at your location.
- As we’re a small company that has worked hard to create processes and metrics to measure our success, you will be noticed. This means that when you’re doing well, will be noticed. It also means if you’re not working, we’re going to notice.
Onsite Support Technician Job Responsibilities
- Field incoming help requests from end users while onsite, and via telephone, e-mail, and chat in a courteous manner.
- Document in our ticketing system all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Prioritize and triage support requests. Escalate problems (when required) to the dispatch team
- Record, track and document work performed within our ticketing system, including time spent and actions taken (both successful and unsuccessful).
- Learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization
- Perform remote and onsite fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, and troubleshooting systems and applications
- Diagnose and resolve both emergency and chronic problems related to availability, security, performance, connectivity, and overall functionality
- Be a Team Player – Frequent communication with both your team and clients is imperative to operational success
Who You Are:
- At least two years of experience of increasing levels of technical knowledge and exposure to the following technologies: desktop support and troubleshooting, networking, routing, active directory, and disaster recovery.
- Focus on customer service - We are passionate about going above and beyond to provide our customers with excellent service. We expect you to be of the same mindset.
- Demonstrated history of job stability – We invest a lot in our employees. We are looking for candidates who want a career, not a short-term gig.
- Accountability – You are reliable and take responsibility for the tasks assigned to you.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- On occasion, we do require work outside of our standard business hours to accommodate client needs
- TCP/IP networking stack, switches, routers and firewalls
- Peripheral devices, including network printers, scanners, etc.
- Anti-Virus and malware protection solutions
- Microsoft Office 365
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Cloud computing infrastructure
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to assume responsibility and ownership for work performed
- Complete command of English language both written and conversational
- ConnectWise Manage Experience
- ConnectWise Automate and Control
- Technical Certifications
- ESET Security Management Console
- Cisco Meraki devices and alerts
Want to join us?
Send your resume to [email protected]