Onsite Project Engineer: New York, NY
The Professional Services Department at Homefield IT is responsible for overseeing our internal, scoped projects. This includes (but is not limited to) support of client hardware, line of business applications, network health, and business continuity. Our main goal is to provide best-in-class customer service to our clients. This position ensures a repeatable, consistent experience within our current projects through detailed planning, communication, and implementation.
As the Onsite Project Engineer, you will be assisting in these overall responsibilities of the Professional Services Departments. Not only will you be the face of Homefield IT by fielding calls and support issues, but you will also play a key role in moving projects along in a timely manner.
*This is an in-person role based in New York City
About Homefield IT:
- You’ll work with extremely passionate, driven and experienced technical professionals. This means we recognize (and love) brilliance and hard work.
- We are totally focused on learning, growing, and mentoring so that everyone can prosper in their careers and add value to HIT, each other, and our clients.
- Relationships are important to us. We provide the highest levels of customer service and strive to always exceed our clients’ expectations. You will too.
- We love collaborating and working together as a team. You can expect company sponsored events at your location.
- As we’re a small company that has worked hard to create processes and metrics to measure our success, you will be noticed. This means that when you’re doing well, will be noticed. It also means if you’re not working, we’re going to notice.
Project Engineer Job Responsibilities
- Perform assigned onsite and (sometimes) remote work for the Projects Team
- Document in our ticketing system all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution within our ticketing system and where appropriate our knowledgebase system.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform remote and onsite fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Diagnose and resolve both emergency and chronic problems related to availability, security, performance, connectivity, and overall functionality
- Network detection, diagnosis, and assessment, monitor, document, and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Field incoming escalated requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
Who You Are:
- At least five years of experience of increasing levels of technical knowledge and exposure to the following technologies: desktop support and troubleshooting, networking, routing, active directory, and disaster recovery.
- Focus on customer service - We are passionate about going above and beyond to provide our customers with excellent service. We expect you to be of the same mindset.
- Demonstrated history of job stability – We invest a lot in our employees. We are looking for candidates who want a career, not a short-term gig.
- Accountability – You are reliable and take responsibility for the tasks assigned to you.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- On occasion, we do require work outside of our standard business hours to accommodate client needs
- TCP/IP networking stack, switches, routers and firewalls
- Peripheral devices, including network printers, scanners, etc.
- Anti-Virus and malware protection solutions
- Microsoft Office 365
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Cloud computing infrastructure
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to assume responsibility and ownership for work performed
- Complete command of English language both written and conversational
- ConnectWise Manage
- ConnectWise Automate and Control
- Technical Certifications
- ESET or Sentinel One Security Management Console
- Cisco Meraki devices and alerts
- IT Glue
Want to join us?
Send your resume to [email protected]